This Blog is about modifications made to the BusyBee CT129 and CT129N

I welcome all posts about your modifications and experience. Everyone with a variant of this mill is welcome to post.

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Switch Part Number KJD17B / 120V Problem

Thought I had a problem with the start switch soon after I got my model CT129N mill. The switch would not engage and stay in "ON" position. I contacted my local Busy Bee store and they passed me off to head office. I received a call from a tech very quickly with a solution. He said "There is a micro-switch on the front safety guard". I can't wait to get home and check it out. If this is true, then there should have been something about this in the owners manual. Well it was the clear acrylic guard in front of the spindle. As soon as I move it in place it worked. I rechecked the slim owners manual and couldn't see anything in reference to this.

1 comment:

  1. There is another switch issue with Grizzly G0704 owners. If you follow the manual exactly (as of 8/2010) the motor will not start. You must first choose the direction of spindle rotation and then press the green start button. I resolved this issue with the Grizzly techs who were very helpful.

    ReplyDelete